Forum

Ben
Site Admin

New Website & Logo Design

Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:59 pm

Hi guys,

As you have probably noticed by now, I have completely redesigned the group's logo and website. It is my intention that over the next few weeks and into next season, we can use the website as a much more forward facing entity for the group.

One of the main reasons for doing this was to enhance our online presence, in the hope that it will generate a lot of interest in our small, but dedicated group. I also noted when speaking with everyone at Peak Rail that the old website wasn't particularly accessible, since several members didn't realise that we had a Blog and other areas of the site. Hopefully now everything is much clearer and user-friendly.

There's still a lot of work to be done and I think the website will never be truly 'finished'. I'll be adding numerous content pieces to the site over the coming weeks. Staffy has agreed to put together a short event report after each show, with a particular emphasis on a War Correspondent's view of the field. By combining photographs from shows with his reports, I think we will have a great resource.

I'll try to provide some brief descriptions of the various aspects of the website here, so that members can get a feel of how everything works, and where to find things:

Blog:
The blog is a news feed of Articles that I will write. These Articles might relate to WW2, re-enacting or just anything that may of interest to the Strictly GI gang, or to members of the public. The Blog can be found here > www.strictly-gi.com/blog/

Articles:
This will be an area for Articles of research and other topics of interest. Of course, 'guest' Articles are welcome too, and I have already started to add some. You can visit the Articles section here > www.strictly-gi.com/articles/

Forthcoming Events:
This is going to be a list of forthcoming events that the group is attending. It will include information about the venue, times and dates, as well details regarding the chosen impression. You can find a list of events here > www.strictly-gi.com/events/. As you will see, I have already added The Victory Show to the list: http://strictly-gi.com/events/the-victory-show/

Please take a moment to have a look around, and let me know what you think. As soon as I have made some updates or more progress on the site, I'll post here :)

Thanks and best regards,
Ben.

Dixie

Re: New Website & Logo Design

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:36 am

Thanks for your hard work Ben. It looks very good!

Andy

Return to “Group News”